Digital Communications Internship Program
WHO WE ARE:
Established in 2013, District Running Collective (DRC) is an urban run crew, that takes to the streets of Washington DC to promote culture, community and diversity. We’re pretty cool, if you ask us.
WHAT WE DO:
We are bigger than running. We exist where fitness, fun, and community collide. We support one another up every hill, across every bridge and through each painstaking mile. As a crew, we represent the best of each individual that dedicates themselves to getting better, faster, stronger…everyday.
We proudly rep one of the greatest cities in the world on every last run. With three stars and two bars as our guide…we RUN. THE. DISTRICT.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
The DC based intern selected for this position will assist in the creation of social media, blog and web content and strategy that is directly aligned to the DRC mission, vision and goals.
COMMITMENT: 10 hours per week.
- Research relevant social media trends and influencers
- Monitoring trends and translating to relevant content for use across channels
- Assist in drafting editorial calendar
- Drafting 2-3 blog posts per month aligned with current DRC activities and/or events
- Assist in writing weekly newsletters
- Semi-regularly attend events to capture photos and content for social media channels
- Administrative tasks as needed
- Other cool sh*t
- Creative, detail oriented self-starter
- Knowledge of social media platforms & best practices
- Excellent written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite and google apps
- Willingness to travel the DC Metro area
- Photography background preferred
- Wouldn’t hurt if you were a runner, or open to giving it a try ☺
Interested? Shoot over your resume, portfolio (if applicable), social media handles and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GET TO KNOW US: IG: @districrunningcollective Twitter: @districtrunning
Facebook: /districtrunningcollective Web: districtrunningcollective.com